Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Music in Wedding Crashers

The scene I chose was from the movie "Wedding Crashers." Typically you would not think to watch a comedy for a quality song used in a movie; but since this movie has a romantic side to it there were several songs available. I chose the song "I Hope Tomorrow Is Like Today" by Guster. This song is played in the movie when the two characters are faced with the struggles of falling in love with one another. The reason for such struggles is because the female character, Rachel McAdams, is engaged. As you could probably guess this song is used to put emphasis on the sadness and troubles both of them are facing at this point. The lyrics actually go along with the movie quite well. The line "i hope tomorrow is like today" goes in sync with the movie because previous to this scene the two characters spent the entire day together. This song does a really great job at displaying the emotions both characters in this movie are dealing with. Had this song not been playing during this scene I do not think it would have nearly as much impact on the viewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment