I was sitting at my desk in my room when I decided that it would be a great time to sit and listen to the music of UD for 30 minutes. I knew before I started I would hear a lot of sounds that I had never paid much attention to, but I was overwhelmed at just how much you could hear. The first thing I noticed were the cars that would drive through the Ghetto. Some sounded like a simple breeze of wind and others sounded more like a semi-truck. Music from other people's houses and cars was another main contributor to the noise on campus. A variety of country, hip-hop and rock all mixed into one single harmony. Another prime source to the noises that I was hearing was my computer and my air-conditioner. I normally would not put these two in the same group but since they seemed to be in harmony with one another's humming it only seeemed right. Along with this relaxing humming noise were the noises being orchestrated from my roommate cooking. Clanking from pots and pans and the sounds or words resulting from my roommates mistakes in the kitchen; lyrics that would normally be bleeped out in music. There was a symphony of sounds as my other roommate walked through our squeaky door in to our well-aged house and trundged up out creaky steps. His noise finally ended with his tossing around of papers and such in his bedroom. As I said before; I was surprised by the noises I would heard in just a 30 minute period.
Monday, August 31, 2009
30 minutes of music
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment