Monday, August 31, 2009
24 hours later
I awoke on Saturday morning to the unpleasant sound of my phones alarm clock. Once I rolled out of bed and decided what to make for breakfast, the music began. It started with the noise from making the eggs. A sound erupted as I cracked them in a dish to stir them up. I finished it off with the all too familiar sizzling sound from pouring them in a hot skillet. Along with the noises of me cooking I had the sounds from the TV in the living room playing in the background. Once this was all over, I sat around for a while and listened to the noises on campus from my house. Sounds from the cars passing by and the music from the other houses filled my ears. As the day went on there was various noises from outside; such as the birds chirping and the people playing sand volleyball. Another noise that you could hear from several blocks down was the game of corn-hole. As the night approached the music got louder and louder. Music from home stereo's where blaring and you could hear people chanting from their front porches, enticing the underclassman to come join them. As the night progressed the sounds got louder and louder. Every so often I would hear a fire alarm from a house down the road reminding me of my alarm. As the night turned into morning the noises calmed down. Finally the campus of UD took a rest for the night and I did also, to humming of my air-conditioner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment