Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Swing Life Away by: Rise Against
I have always enjoyed this song but I have never really listened to it in an attempt to pick it apart. I found that for this song it has both a monophonic and homophonic sound to it. Granted most of the song is just the lead singer's vocals with a soft acoustic beat playing. I decided though that it is also homophonic because there are occasional parts where there are more than just one person singing. Several versus in this song include a chorus singing the line "swing life away". I think the overall message this song was trying to convey was to live life simply, happily and to live life to the fullest. This is the reason I think the song was written in a major harmony. It is an overall happy/ feel good tone. It does not have a very fast tempo which sets kind of a relaxed tone. This rhythm was what made the melody so fitting for the lyrics of the song. It just allows people to listen and relax; just how the song was intended to be listened to. The overall form of this song was repetition with some change. The only repetition that was heard in this song were the homophonic versus. I have never been able to look at so many different key elements to a song. It really does help you see the meaningfulness of the song.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment