Thursday, September 24, 2009
Guitar Role
The first station I listened to was a pop station, most of which were rap/hip-hop songs. The first song I listened to was "She Wolf" by Shakira. This song used guitar to keep the rhythm of the song. A guitar and a sound board of sorts played along with the vocals in this song. Most of the other songs had little to no guitar in them. But the next song I heard that used guitar was by Taylor Swift, which kind of falls into country. This song had quite a bit of guitar playing in it. After the pop station I listened to a country channel. Some of the songs I heard on this station were "She's Country", "There Goes My Life" and "What Hurts The Most." Between all of these songs there was a lot of guitar being played, with and without the vocals. There were even songs that sounded like they had banjo in them. The next station I listened to was a blues station. Several of the songs played on the blues channel were "Crossroad", "How Many More Years" and a song by B.B. King. Blues had by far the most guitar out of all four stations. There were songs that went at least 30 seconds of just guitar and harmonica. There was a lot less vocals in blues music, yet there was always a guitar playing. The last station I listened to was an oldies rock station. The songs I heard were "Living On a Prayer", "Ride The Wind" and "You Shook Me All Night Long" by ACDC. I found that like blues, rock also had a lot of guitar. The thing I noticed about rock was that there are very few moments were there is no guitar playing; whether it is the lead guitar or just a guitar playing in the background. Also it sounds like there is always more than one guitar.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment