Monday, October 5, 2009
Electrophones
I listened to four different radio stations to compare and contrast how different genre's use electrophones. I first listened to rock 104, modern rock. I listened to several different songs in this 15 minute span; Kings of Leon, Muse ("Uprising") and Linkin Park ("New Divide"). All of these songs consisted mainly of electrophones. They all had electric guitar. Two songs used the electronic keyboard, Linkin Park and Kinds of Leon; and the last song, by Muse, used a synthesizer throughout the entire song. The next station, WHKO, was a country station. All three of the songs I heard consisted of just the electric guitar. I heard "Boots On" by Randy Houser, "One Boy One Girl" by Collin Raye and "American Ride", by Toby Keith. Although there really was not much electric guitar. I found that the acoustic guitar is more popular in country. The next station I listened to was a hits top 40 station. The first song I listened to was by Jason Derulo. There were several sounds displayed in this song that sounded like some sort of synthesizer. It also sounded like a distorter was used on the singers voise. The next two songs I heard were Miley cyrus, "Party in the USA", and Jordan sparks. These songs both used keyboards. Last, I listened to a Jazz/Blues station. I had trouble finding a station on the Dayton Radio stations so I streamed off an online site, KKJZ. The first song I listened to had no electrophones, it was called "Now and Then." The next song sounded similar to elevator music. It had no words and also had no electrophones. The last song I listened to was called "Hole in My Heart",by Melody Gardot. This song also had no electrophones in it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment