Monday, October 19, 2009

Notation

When thinking about new ways to notate music I just thought of what I would find easiest if I were trying to read music. The biggest change I would make would be to change the notes into numbers. It seems that this is a much more simplistic way of going about things. Rather than seeing a circle with a hole in it for a half note, the musician would just see a 2; in which they would hold the note for two beats. As for the pitch of the notes I think the only way to make things easier would be to do it as they do for guitar tabs. The only reason I think this would be easier is because it seems that this is how most upcoming guitarist learn to play music; thus it must be easier. It may seem confusing to have two sets of numbers to read music, but if you just put the number for the pitch on the botton amd the value of the note on top it would not get to confusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment