Thursday, October 15, 2009

Song Rythym

The first song I listened to was from the archives in the library. The peice was called Hipster Harvey and was played by theBrooklyn Sax Quartet: Way of the Saxophon, conducted by Fred Ho. This peice was a little more upbeat. The rythym of this song was a little faster than moderate, possibly 90-110 beats per minute. It was a happier song at most points which indicated that it is major. It was a very interesting song; the baratone sax was playing the bass beat the whole time and the tenor or alto sax was playing the melody of the peice.

The next song I listened to was from my collection; I chose Iron and Wine's "Someday the Waves." Like most of their music this song was in minor. Althogh the meaning is positive and happy, the tone of the song is kind of sad sounding. The reason I chose Iron and Wine was because most of their music is at a slower rythym. This song is at a very slow rythym, maybe 50-60 beats per minute. It is similar to the rythym of a lullaby. This song is homophonic being that it is just one singer and a melody in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment